- Providing hand sanitizer to guests and staff members in all facilities.
- Cleaning and sterilization protocols meet or exceed national guidelines for COVID-19 in the health care setting.
- Following recommended guidelines for the number of air changes per hour in each room, between procedures, when the room has been used by an infectious patient (such as COVID-19 patients).
- Following enhanced infection prevention cleaning and sterilization protocols.
- Using EPA-approved disinfection/cleaning supplies.
- Using comprehensive, multi-step checklists to clean patient rooms between each visit and at the end of the day in all our facilities.
- Using detailed checklists to ensure staff members are aware of and following cleaning requirements, including how to clean high-touch areas and all other surfaces, how to safely wear and remove personal protective equipment and how to use our UV light disinfection technology.
- Cleaning all equipment according to manufacturer instructions.
- CDC-recommended protocols are in place for cleaning and managing bathrooms, light fixtures, furniture, medical waste, laundry, food service utensils and other items.
- Cleaning common areas to wipe down surfaces and shared objects between each use.
Screening and Testing
- Pre-screening patients before appointments.
- Conducting in-house COVID-19 testing and testing our employees as needed.
- Requiring masks for all health care professionals, employees, patients and visitors inside facilities.
- Outpatients and visitors must always wear a mask.
- Inpatients must wear a mask anytime someone enters their room.
- Providing a mask to patients who do not have their own.
- Practicing physical distancing at all Chesapeake Regional Healthcare facilities and requiring masks for all employees, patients and visitors.
- Keeping our waiting rooms spaced out and decluttered, removing magazines and extra chairs.
- Placing markers on the floor to indicate appropriate spacing between patients waiting to register.
- Reducing wait times to limit the number of people in waiting rooms.
- Implementing thoughtful visitation policies.
- Separating patients in our emergency departments by COVID-19 status.
- One visitor or caregiver can accompany patients in need of assistance at their scheduled appointments.
- We recommend telehealth appointments when appropriate for those who are unwilling to wear a face mask, have symptoms of an upper respiratory infection, have co-morbidities that do not require in-person care or are conducting annual wellness visits.
Stay informed every step of the way.
736 Battlefield Blvd., North
Chesapeake, VA 23320
M – F: 7am – 7pm (closed Sat. & Sun.)
Main Lobby Entrance
M – S: 5am – 9pm
After 9pm, please enter through the Emergency Department